Sunday, October 21, 2012

London (Part 2)

okie so I haven't been updating my blog this week. Have been pretty busy with A La Carte duty. So glad dinner duty's done. We just have the lunch part left. And all that's left is Stewarding for our practical segment. woohoo! Will never ever do this shit ever again. k fine i admit it's pretty fun. but yea, nah wouldn't wanna do it again. Really don't know how I survived the week. A La Carte started off quite bad for me. Served a 6 people table. And they weren't very courteous. And the teacher wasn't helping. And my partner was being mean because he was serving his friends and AIYAH anyway, it was terrible and I got so upset after that. thought I was gonna flunk the module. then Man Johan Sam and Teri came on Thursday and things got a little better. boosted my confidence by a margin ahahaha! the last day (aka exam day) was the best. Served 2 people only. and they didn't ask for Aperitifs. neither did they order wine. So no cocktail making and opening of wine bottles. (and because I'm such a swaku and only started drinking wine properly in les roches, I didn't know how to open wine bottles. and the only time our teacher gave us a wine bottle opening lesson was interrupted by a photo taking session which was an epic failure btw. so I had to search for tutorial videos on youtube. not even kidding hahaha) but yea! yay! but then I've practised pouring champagne and wine. so not that bad ok. the only challenge that night was carving. Both my guests ordered Sauteed deer tenderloin, mushrooms, Spatzle and Brussels sprouts, done rare. omg I still remember the menu. so I had to cut the meat for them from a big piece and distribute it. I did it so terribly and the teacher saw (I think that's where he deducted points wtf) anyway, my guests were the first to leave. first time:D and my ordeal ended in less than 2 hours. ended up with a more than decent grade. so proud of myself hehehe! way better than stupid market place omg.

ok anyway, back to my London trip I guess? hahaha

Day 3:
We went to a few tourist attractions. Took the cruise along River Thames. The commentator guy was pretty humorous. Told a lot of stories and made a lot of side comments, but not mean ones. Learnt about how the Waterloo Bridge was built mainly by women while the men were at war and blah blah blah. hahaha! We then alighted at the Tower of London and took a tour inside. To be honest, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I thought I was gonna be greeted by dungeons decorated with torture mechanisms and blood and what not. But no leh. It was all so clean and all we saw were a lot of armour exhibitions. and ok fine. the crown jewel. and the famous ravens. hahah! But not that spectacular. Not quite what I was expecting. hmmmm.. Yea we then took the cruise back. Heard the same stories we listened to when we travelled to the Tower of London. So we knew what the guy was gonna talk about when we passed each building. like the ELIZABETH TOWER( which houses the Big Ben) hahaha! and the OXO building. We went back to the dodgy hotel for Sam to change her shoes and went to Primark to shopppp hehehe!


Us and the Elizabeth Tower



Scary Seagulls in the background. I was forced into this. 

The Tower Bridge

lolol wtf

I think this was the building housing the Crown Jewels exhibition

A guard. He suddenly 'came to life' and marched about. gave me a shock wtf

quite nice right!

another view of the Tower Bridge

k then after Primark, we went clubbing with Rachel, Teri and Helen hahaa! Took us quite a long time to find a club and shake off people who were soliciting for business on the streets wtf. we almost followed this guy to some club in a secluded area. So Sam and I just stood there, refusing to go any further and everyone just walked away from that guy after that hahah! yea ok I'll talk more about Day 4 in a separate post. Just came back from doing laundry and trying out my costume at Amana's. Love the Sarong dress heheh! and btw, can anyone tell me which column I'm supposed to put my washing powder in the washing machine. left, right or middle? somehow the washing machine isn't taking in my powder wtf. and I always put it in the middle column. somebody save meeee!

No comments: