Sunday, September 22, 2013

Solidarity

It's really been so long since I last had the whole room to myself, and I actually really like the peace. Jeevan's back home in Geneva with his family, Jieming is somewhere in Switzerland with her boyfriend and his family (I seriously don't know where she's at now. Saw her pictures in Bern though. So I guess they went there today). I just had a whole week of Market Place duty. Always dreaded the thought of working in such a big kitchen and under such stressful conditions. But well, after having been there for a week, I guess it isn't all too bad. Especially because the chefs are all really nice people. I finally started in the hot kitchen yesterday. Made vegetable curry with dried fruits. It was pretty easy actually. All I had to do was estimate the amount of oil and water needed. I basically had all the ingredients peeled, cut and measured for me. So yes, all I had to do was stir everything in yay! But I didn't like the curry personally lol. T'was too sweet for my liking because of the dried fruits. But whatever heh. Narmada and I helped to prepare today's salmon patties too. Today's brunch was really good btw. We made (yea we came back for weekend duty) poached eggs, rosti, breadcrumb stuffed tomatoes, salmon patties and the usual scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon. Loved the menu!

Speaking of food, I can smell food from outside and it's making me super hungry:( Anyway, so we opted for our accommodation buildings. Rachel wanted to stay in PFC/B, so being the awesome and considerate roomie I am, I actually relented. AND THIS MEANS WE HAVE NO KITCHEN NEXT SEMESTER omgsomebodykillmenow. Plus it'll be winter. So we would be forced to leave the room for food nuuuuu. I love cooking on weekends. Because dinner ALWAYS sucks during the weekends (seriously, today the only meat we served were beef steak and lamb meat balls. I MEAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO EAT. so i ended up with canned tuna and pad thai. ok fine. I had mushroom salad, and vermicelli salad. and 2 slices of melon which I cut this morning) plus I like to cook.I'M SO HUNGRY but my tummy hurts and I'm supposed to be having cramps soon. so I dont know what category my stomach discomfort falls under.

Oh its 11. I think my laundry's done. Shall go pick it up and continue watching New My Fair Princess. Yea this is like the new version of Huan Zhu Ge Ge. It's not the first time I'm watching this version. But it always gets me so excited. Actually, watching an hzgg episodes garners the same amount of excitement from me because it's like my favourite chinese series of all time!!! It actually made me fall in love with Chinese History I kid you not, especially Qing Dynasty Imperial history. Plus I really ADORE the costumes! Actually in all Qing palace dramas, the costumes are amazing! Actually made me contemplate the possibility of me time travelling for a while LOL. I mean, especially after there were dramas about, no prizes for guessing, modern day people time travelling to the Qing Dynasty and living in the palaces then. hahaha that's my ultimate fantasy la. Don't laugh. Can you imagine me in a Qing court costume actually? Come let me whet your appetite materialise your imagination.


TADAAAAAAA. I think I've uploaded this picture on my blog before. But here's something to refresh your memory hahaha! Love my granny for making this for me! 

Ok anyway, I shall go to the laundry room now heh! Hopefully they're actually still IN the washing machine:/


No comments: