Monday, November 11, 2013

The things we often take for granted

So I'm sitting in Culinary Concepts class and Stegmuller is going on and on about convenience food. A picture of a pack of Lays potato chips just appeared on the screen and it really set me thinking: how many things in life do we take for granted? I mean I'm not talking about really serious issues such as one's identity, family, national security lolol. Just wanted to voice my frustrations wrt the non existence of brands such as Campbell, Lays, Prego, KFC and the like in Switzerland. Like seriously Switzerland's one of the world's most wealthy, economically advanced nations. Don't get why they dont have these brands here. It's not like the people here can't afford them. Or that they have BETTER alternatives in Swiss supermarkets. Trust me, Campbell soups are still by far the best I've ever come across. Other brands in Migros and Coop such as Knor are just... meh. And potato chips. Seriously. You're telling me you only sell those few brands (like 2/3 at best). They don't even have much variety when it comes to flavours la alamak. Either Natural or Paprika wtf. Don't even get me started on fast food. Mcdonalds and the occasional Burger King (actually just 1 in Geneva Airport. I know they have one near the train station in Lucerne. that's all???) argh I NEED MY KFC:( Never knew I was so reliant on these food brands because it was so easily attainable back home in Singapore sigh. I guess I would have to wait another month or so before I set my hands on a can of Campbell Wild Mushroom Soup.

In other more positive news, yay I'm finally returning home in a month and 6 days. School ends on the 13th and my parents are coming to pick me from school (lol hao lian only) and we'll be touring Austria (ok Salzburg) till the 17th. But before that, we have a week of exams starting 9th December. Yes. you got that right. My exams start on my BIRTHDAY wtf. Has never happened to me before. first time. premiere fois. TRES MAL, I say. PAS BON. lolol I'm just spouting random French terms that I know that mean 'very', 'bad', 'not' and 'good' hahah don't actually know if it makes sense. But anyway, we'll just be celebrating my birthday in advance at A La Carte first. Probably on 6/12.

Anyway, I really apologise for the lack of updates lately. Have been so busy for the last month. Like right after mid terms, we had to prepare for Cultural Night (but that I'll share in a separate story), then I had weekend duty the following week and last week was just insane. What with all my work piling up (and that's why I always say. don't procrastinate la) hahaha okie Culinary Concepts is ending. Shall probably pack up and prepare to go to Academic Writing fml. 3 hours of rubbish zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: