Friday, December 12, 2014

Henderson Waves and Prive Cafe

So I shall start with what I actually planned to talk about 2 weeks ago. My dad took us out to Hort Park to take the trail leading the Henderson Waves and then to Vivo. Yea that was the intended end point. Like the plan was to go to complete the trail then have breakfast at Vivo, then we take a bus/cab back to get the car.



T'was a pity that the place wasn't presented in its fully glory though:( There were repair works taking place the whole way. Like they were repainting the railing/barriers and rerouting/building more of them idk. So a large chunk of the treetop trail was cordoned off and we could only walk in single file. That didn't stop me from camwhoring though lol. 




I actually brought my housefly shades for the sole purpose of camwhoring la! 




I think it took us about 45 minutes to get from Hort Park to Henderson Waves. We didn't take pictures at the actual waves though. Because there were two sets of couples who were taking their wedding shots there. Yea now I know where I will not take my wedding pictures. Plus its so hot. Can somebody please explain why you would take outdoor shots under the sweltering sun:/ Comfort>chio photos anytime. Plus I really don't think the Waves are wedding photo worthy. Like granted its all artistic from an architectural point of view lol. But its so... metallic lol 




with the family! and a pouting belle:/ We kinda got lost after this photo was taken. We wanted to continue heading towards Vivo but I think we made the wrong turn or something and ended up at an ulu carpark O.O so we decided to just walk along the road downhill and see where it led us. So yep that's what we did and we actually saw some pretty cool black and white house on the way. Really colonial and vintage-y. I wish I could say that I would love to stay somewhere like that but no. I still prefer my modern conveniences - and free from potential spooky encounters (lol especially after watching Master's Sun. Unless a cute oppa's always there to be my 'bomb shelter' Go watch if you're confused with what I'm saying!)


After we emerged from the maze of a road, we saw Carribean at Keppel Bay. So my mum suggested we just go to Keppel Club for brunch. Which was a nice idea since I always envied those people who go on 'Saturdates' and 'Sundates' at Keppel Club (especially Prive Cafe) and then post all their lovey dovey pictures on instagram oh gosh. I don't care if I used to be one of those irritating people but really seeing too much of that is bad for my health hahaha. But since I can't eliminate them, I'll join them. So yep, here's my version of a Saturdate. 


On our way to Keppel Club, we saw many yachts docked by the bay (is that the correct term?) Anyway yea, they were all named. Like Jack Sparrow, Princess of the Sea lol. And this is my type of yacht. Simple and direct. Chio Bu. 


We got there at around 10.40 (and found that TCC was only going to open at 11.30. So yea we headed downstairs instead for Prive. Since only the breakfast menu was available, I got myself a Big Breakfast (I forgot the actual name lol) I was actually attracted to it on the menu because it mentioned 'rosti' and 'sauteed mushrooms'. Now tell me where my mushrooms are!! Pathetically hidden under everything lol. And the rosti turned out to be those frozen kind we used to get in Coop all the time hahah oh well:/ But anyway breakfast was good and I managed to change my parents' minds about Prive (since we came for dinner previously and they weren't too fond of the food. Plus we were forced to dine alfresco and uh Asian people (or rather Singaporeans?) don't respond too well to sitting outside in the heat heh.


Somemore camwhoring in front of The Sails. T'was so beautiful! And this is filter-free! We took a cab back to our car after Brunch and since my sister didn't have Art, we went to Ion to settle some stuff - finally paid my school fees (like 3 weeks after the due date wtf) and settled flight stuff at the SIA office. It's so mafan when I don't know when exactly I want to come back to Singapore. So I have to get the most expensive Flexi ticket that allows me to change my date of return as and when I want. Le sigh:/


Went to Challenger after that to get myself a new laptop since my old HP one's like dying on me. I was a little apprehensive about getting it because uh... China brand. And I didn't know if they had repair centres in Switzerland. The guy showed me an address in a German speaking part of Switzerland and that was supposed to be where I could go if my new Lenovo dies (choy choy choy). But tbh, I don't have a clue where it is. We bought it anyway because the salesman kept promoting it and it seemed like the best option. Yea excellent example of gullible undiscerning shoppers. 




Presenting Her Royal Chioness. ok la it looks ordinary. But I've been taking good care of it hahah. Like turning it off everyday and not snacking in front of it lol. I shall not take any chances :X Have already transferred all my documents, pictures and my EXTENSIVE music collection (hurhur) over. All that's left are my movies. Yea I don't have an external hard drive. So everything goes into my laptop. But I don't have a lot of movies la. Just my HIMYM and BBT collection and the few chick flicks with scripts I can pretty much recite now. omg the bend and snap. works everytime.




So yea after Challenger, I spent the entire afternoon in my room starting up my new laptop. Went to Fullerton Hotel in the evening for dinner with Belle's best friend and her family aka family friends. And as usual, my dad decided to whip out his super laopok Samsung phone to take pictures while giving my mum and me 'artistic direction' on where to stand and pose. But frankly speaking, yes I love the Christmas decorations in Fullerton. Have always admired the Grand Staircase. It's probably the prettiest and grandest in Singapore hahaha! And everywhere smelled like pine. Everything felt so festive with Christmas songs playing in the background. Even the servers at the bar/cafe had cute Santarina outfits la! 


Belle's attempt at erm acting cute?


I think she got annoyed with me:/


With the folks. This picture doesn't really do justice to the decorations and the awesome cosy lighting. Lighting's super important to me la and if it's not right, it destroys the entire design/ambience. Can't emphasise how much I hate houses with cool white lighting (just saying). I think it makes the place look cheap:(


All the girls. I realise we're all not very tall. Regardless of age. 


And we were supposed to be taking the picture WITH the pretty gingerbread houses at the back


More artistic direction from my dad


We have something similar here too actually.

K so that's it for pictures. I'm still waiting for Grace's BEOs before I disseminate it all, then will start doing my daily event sheet and 14 daily events. All this before I call it a day and my weekend begins hehehe. 

ok she's done. I better rush. Hopefully I can get it all done in 30 mins. Byeeee

No comments: