Saturday, January 19, 2013

OCS Comms Ball

So I'm alone at home. As in like for real. My entire family's at Kukup with my mum's side of our extended family. I missed it because 1) I knew I was gonna be tired from comms ball. 2) I wasn't very interested. 3) I had to attend some PSLE Math and Science briefing at RGPS on behalf of my parents lol. So this morning, I felt kinda out of place in a room I was so familiar with. Used to have music lessons and Drama sessions there in Primary School, you see. anyway, yea. hahaha like some teenage mum like that la. All the other people at the seminar/briefing were easily twice my age and we had to do math questions together lolol. Quite fun to stimulate my brain though (eh its true ok. please try to recall the fucked up math questions you were thrown with last time) Anyway yea, after that, I went back to paragon, got my mc and had lunch downstairs. Took so horribly long and the mushroom risotto was as expected, not as well made as any random restaurant's in Sierre/Europe. le sigh. I don't know why. really. oh wait, in the whole of Singapore, I can only safely give my stamp of approval to Antoinette for their Wild Mushroom Risotto. Honestly, I think that's the only place serving proper European/Italian style mushroom risotto/ risotto ai fungi (sp?) Yea then because it was STILL raining cats and dogs, I was forced to fork our 6.95 for an ugly umbrella with 'The Market Place' printed all over it. and it sucked. like really. By the time I reached home (which was like 10 mins after said purchase), the umbrella was kinda out of shape and couldn't be closed. turns out some knob had fallen out during my struggle with the wind/rain on my way up. what a waste of money:( I think its just umbrellas and me. we don't really have affinity. Lost my first umbrella. Got my second umbrella so rusty it can't be snapped close anymore. And this was my third and very short lived attempt at owning an umbrella. why.

Anyway, so I thought I was gonna have a ball of a time at home alone since this is like the first time. Thought I would do something crazy you know. Like invite friends over for some party or walk around my house naked (just saying) or something to embrace this freedom. But here I am blogging, after having watched an episode of Forensic Heroes and washing the dishes. I AM SO BORED. its probably just that people are all busy today. What with the closest people in my life all being overseas (My family's in malaysia, both Nurul and Alissa are in various regions in the UK), people having this gathering, that dinner. and yea Comms Ball. hahaha! eh speaking of which, I shall blog about my experience at Comms ball la.

So as my friends on FB/ people I actually talk to would have known, I went with Wenyi to his Commissioning Ball. It was just as I expected I guess. hahaha having prepped myself by reading blogs of random girls who have been to comms ball previously. eh its actually quite easy (I didn't really have to search hard) Like just google 'OCS Commissioning Ball' and you get so many different accounts of girls who have been there as girlfriends or just mere dates. (GOT SISTER ALSO LOL) anyway, I mainly wanted to see what all these girls wore. didn't want to come off as being too overdressed or underdressed. so I thought the consensus was to wear something Daniel Yam style. hahaha! and yea my dress (or rather my mother's was by Daniel Yam) so I felt pretty relieved. Just that when I was there yesterday, I felt abit overdressed leh. Because mine was like a gown while most girls wore knee length dresses. so yea. but hey, I've never worn like a full length gown before. So I'm not complaining heh! So anyway, let's start from when I prepared.

Yesterday was like entirely freed up for comms ball preparation. idk if its just me. But somehow, I really enjoy the process of getting ready and going for such occasions lol. It's like prom again ma. and I loved prom hahaha so yea was kinda counting down to 2 pm the whole time. Like I managed to pack my wardrobe, change my sheets, do some laundry, watch some TV. then it was about time. So I showered (shouldn't have washed my hair at home man seriously. when i went to do my hair, the guy gave me a hair wash again lol. too much chemicals -> not so good for the hair) Applied my makeup. I was contemplating over whether to put on eyeshadow or not because I've never done so (like putting it on for myself) and wanted to try. but I changed my mind eventually because I don't wanna do something that I haven't tried before. Don't wanna look ugly there and not be able to save my ass lolol. Anyway, so yea, just the usual eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. pretty standard. then I went to 313 to get my hair done. Basically it's just wash and blow. then they curled my hair for me. Afterwhich, I walked home, slacked for awhile, changed, touched up my make up and camwhored lor. hahaha!


can't tell that I stuck on double eyelid tape right?^^ anyway yea, these wore my accessories. Gold necklace from H&M. Earrings from F21 (was supposed to wear them for prom. but I thought it wasn't loud enough for my Audrey Hepburn costume. So I bought something from New Look after that) Anyway yea:)

I actually edited this photo to make my chin sharper. unfortunately, I'm too lazy to upload the edited version lolol! It's my twitter profile pic now la anyway. Kinda sad my curls aren't really visible here. would have been good if they were more intact throughout the night too. sigh. 25 bucks for nothinggggg

yep then I watched an episode of Now You Know before Wenyi texted to say that he was downstairs. Went down and met him in the cab (eh I must say he looks not bad in a suit and contacts lolol! of course la. it's his Comms Ball. must look his best) yep we reached Shangri la before we knew it and just stoned around waiting for his rehearsal to start . yea he performed yesterday! and i recognised the song from Audrey and Tim's Wedding Montage. hahahaha! love it man. it's so cute! yea I was just in the ballroom the whole time, entertaining myself with my phone because nobody from his table was there yet.. so nobody to talk to:( actually, this time round, I saw lesser familiar faces around. So I didn't really mingle much hahaha! But it was still quite alright la. meeting people and seeing semi familiar faces. like friends of friends and you know you've stalked their fb profiles before (read a girl's blog before too lol) ok I'm not creepy. After that, we decided we were a little anti social, so we went out to say hi abit and took some piccies at the photobooth! 


yep! there you go:) 3 photos. we only had 7 seconds to prepare and plan for each pose hehe! and this was taken on my dress. see the shiny blue fabric thingy. yea. 

hahahah why is wenyi so good at making funny facial expressions?

Proper one:)

and his act seh shades hahaha! 

yea then after that, we went back into the ballroom and camwhored somemore. 



my better side lol. its true right! 


wen yi's supposed profile photo worthy pic. but he ended up choosing something else:( fail. 


lolol Ms Chandel Tan. first time leh. like Wen Yi's place card was even more seh. 2LT Choo Wen Yi ^^


Menu for the day:)

Yea then the thing started. Had videos, this pretty cool dance performance and lolol couple games wtf. Like a few couples were called on stage and they had to answer questions about each other and hopefully get it right la. if not, I guess it'll be super embarrassing. questions like when they first got together and date of first kiss were asked first. then the girls had to answer what the guy's fave underwear brand was and stuff lolol. I didn't see how the couples were picked. but if it was randomly, can you imagine if like a non couple (say wenyi and I) were to go up? lololol awkward. yea anyway, so we just kept eating all our alcohol-laced food. seriously, if you looked at the menu, you would have realised la hor. and then it was wenyi's performance!



close up of him playing the piano:) I realise the guys can really sing you know. like hahaha it didn't sound bad. 


yep and after that we just mingled abit more, camwhored somemore hahaha! and they had to take the group shot when I really wanted to go pee. damn torturous man.


Another couple shot. and omg I didn't realise I was so much shorter than wenyi even in my heels lolol! sian la. I thought we were of compatible height lor. and I was still so happy about it until I saw this picture:( but anyway yea! 

So wenyi got me chocolates (from Italy according to him) and eh it's really not bad. I tried the silver one just now. yumyum! anyway, really have to thank him for the night la heh! I think he spent quite a bomb. and hahaha knowing me, I'll be quite disappointed if I knew there were such balls/parties and I didn't get to go. because as a typical girl, I like dressing up, looking pretty, and going for such things. like prom ma. hahah. so yes, if wenyi hadn't asked me, really don't know who will. also, idk why but somehow as a girl in Singapore, I just feel so proud of every single army guy serving/ who has served NS. somehow, I just know that its so unfair for them to have to sacrifice 2 years of their lives to serve the nation while we girls carry on with life and university. Not quite what people should expect if we're pushing for gender equality eh? but still all of them continued contributing/serving with minimal complain, with some even taking this in their stride and striving for the best. It's really touching seeing them reminisce over how they bonded through hardship and all lolol! and the way wenyi described the moment they threw their peak caps. can imagine the amount of pride bursting in them and definitely their loved ones as well. hahaha! anyway yea, it was nice to celebrate this achievement during Comms Ball with wenyi and all the newly commissioned officers too la heh! was really a nice experience:) anyway, this post has been super long! so I shall go rest and bask in my freedom lolol




No comments: