Thursday, November 20, 2014

I promise to bring an umbrella to work next time!

Finally got over with 2 days of orientation lol. Yea it's kinda odd that they're getting me to go for orientation when I have barely a month left at my internship. But I guess the plus side's that I get to slack for 2 days and uh sit through ultra fun classes. Got 2 really pretty certificates too hahaha. 1 for completing orientation and the other for undergoing some fire safety workshop. Yea we were made to use the fire extinguisher. again. I did it once at RC previously. T'was also part of our orientation program... Hmmm is this like hotel policy to train your staff in using the fire extinguisher lol. Anyway, time really flies when you're having fun. Can't believe my internship's ending so soon. Seriously seemed like yesterday when I first started and was freaking out because I wanted everyone to like me so I didn't give myself leeway to make mistakes and became this control freak heh. I think I stressed the previous intern out too because I kept asking her questions (some over and over again) and she was just like, "chill man. chill."

Gosh I got completely drenched on the way home. My dad was supposed to pick me up as usual. But seeing to how Belle needed me to get her a gift box from Daiso, I told my dad I would be walking home instead. Worst mistake of the day. Made it unscathed to Ion. Dilly-dallied in Daiso because I didn't know which size my sister wanted for her box. Plus all the designs were ugly. So I had a hard time choosing a presentable one. Totally forgot to buy my black coloured paper btw oh man:/ Then I proceeded with my usual route through wisma and taka. Even prepared a $2 note for the busker outside paragon because I felt kind today lol (ok its not alot. but interns don't earn much ok). Then when I got out of taka, I was kinda surprised to see the sky so dark all of a sudden. Thought it was because I spent too long in Daiso. So the sun more or less set lol. But no, it was overcast with nasty clouds. Started with a light drizzle. So ok. I thought I could brave it and continued walking. T'was all good until I reach around the junction where cars turn into Mt E. omg it started pouring fml. And since I was in heels, I couldn't really run. Plus I had to protect the box I painstakingly bought and brought from ion. Thank goodness I wasn't carrying an expensive bag lol. So I got soaked.


Like this. 

My foundation came off in mushy bits with the rain droplets too lol. Thank goodness I wasn't going anywhere else. Well I guess I wouldn't brave the rain like that if I were going out anyway. So yea, I shall promise myself to always bring an umbrella with me next time. 

But while mine's the foldable type, the handle has a hook. Like those foldable umbrellas trying to act yi ge and be like real full sized umbrellas with hooked handles. So idk how it's going to fit into my handbag. Sigh I'll figure it out tmr. Especially since I'll be going home myself tmr. Dad's gonna be at his meditation session. Sister's having a way more happening life than me at her friend's place at Sentosa Cove. Mum's in Portland. So it's just me and the apartment. Shall plan to do something nice at home to embrace my me-time then! Maybe I'll do some DIY. Or cook hmmmm. Lol I think I'll probably wound up in bed watching Downton Abbey/ some korean drama. NUUUUUUUU

No comments: