Thursday, January 08, 2015

Done with St. Regis!

So I'm a free bird now. Finished my internship on Tuesday and omg, I don't think I've felt so loved in super long. The team was so sweet that they prepared not one, but three farewell presents!! And they were all damn useful! I was so touched la! But me being me, I probably just showed a super unfeminine poker face throughout. But really, deep down, I felt like bawling hahaha! Like Steph actually remembered I wanted a slow cooker for one of my secret santa gift options (since she was my secret santa). So although she got me a laptop bag (one of my other choices), they all bought me a really awesome all in one rice cooker/slow cooker/ steamer/ porridge maker which makes cakes too!! It's one of those high tech appliances I always see from the blogs of those blogger mummies la! Yes I have a feeling I'm turning into an aunty soon. But heck, I really am excited about the presents. And Li Yan got me a food warmer! Also very useful! Can cook soup in the morning or something, and place it in the warmer so that even when I come home for lunch/dinner, it'll still be warm for me! Christine got me a Pandora starter kit/bracelet too! Seriously, this is one of those moments when I just go, "what have I done to deserve all this love?" Such an awesome team la! And all I did as part of my farewell was to send them a mass farewell email, thank them and insert a cute picture at the end. Let me try to find it:


Yes this was it. But to be fair, the cat looks pretty cute (and sad) right? Totally sets off the aww factor lol

But anyway, never in my wildest dreams did I think of receiving such kindness from colleagues (that I've only known for 5 months). I have been very lucky to be given this opportunity to work with them. Hopefully our paths will cross again and we'll be colleagues in future after I graduate!

So what have I been doing after ending my internship you ask? Sigh I've morphed into yet another intern. This time for my dad. He says he wants to 'introduce new blood' into the office. So I'm the new blood la. And new blood helps by picking up the phone (I almost said Thank you for calling The St. Regis Singapore wtf), typing random quotations and packing/moving boxes. So far, I've cleared the storeroom (actually mostly filled with our personal junk and not even office related lol), the pantry and a few cabinets. I should probably help to pack more files later. Because I'm leaving next Tues night and my mum and sis are tagging along. So idk if my dad's gonna be able to manage packing, moving AND juggle the business at the same time. Especially when well, not all clients are absolute angels. 

Anyway, so yesterday was my first day at work lol. Today is my second and probably last day heh. We worked till 1pm yesterday because my dad had to leave to teach. So he dropped me off along Dunearn Road since it was so jammed (since all the kids from SC and AC Barker were getting off school and their parents were picking them up. oh and it was raining rather heavily). So my dad was running really late since school was in Tampines and he was due to teach at 2.20 when we were still stuck outside SC at 2pm. So anyway, he dropped me off there and made a u turn to some highway (idk. PIE? CTE? I'll probably only force myself to be familiar with the roads and expressways when I finally start driving). Note to self: Never be a housewife/tai tai. Or even if I become one, never pick my kid up from school during peak hours. I think I will go crazy with the traffic jam and when Eloise gets into the car, I will start complaining about why there are so many cars on the road/why her school (aka my school) is so inaccessible (lol it's really not), and she'll probably just know me as the naggy bitch mum. I then took a bus towards Newton MRT. When we passed by Barker, oh the horror. Imagine being packed like sardines, together with sweaty sticky adolescents. I cringed when my arm made contact with another sweaty boy's la. I wonder why I never felt that way in the past hahaahah. 

So while I actually planned to take the bus all the way to Orchard, I couldn't stand the squeeze and got off at Newton MRT. Took the train to Ion and did my school shopping. Bought a bunch of useful pretty things from Daiso and then to La Senza for my CNY underwear hahaha! I had ION vouchers anyway, so I decided to use it there. So here's the thing, while I'm glad my exercising has shown its effect and I've lost a little weight, I forgot that your boobs will decrease in size too with weight loss. So erm. I was kinda disappointed when I was in the fitting room ahahaha. Because I was so elated when I saw a deep purple piece and that they had it in my (old) size. But when I asked for a size smaller, they said they ran out!!! Thankfully they said they could help me check in their system and tell me if other branches had that model in my size. Turns out only MBS has it (well I guess it's better than having me travel to somewhere far, say J Cube (or is it Westgate? I forgot which mall in the west has a Topshop branch. Or was that for H&M hmmm) So I made the decision to go to MBS and get the all important purple bra lol. Can't believe I did that when I was kinda near home alr:O It better make my boobs look like a million bucks man. Sigh the things people do in the name of vanity. So after an hour and a half of shopping and travelling, I spent a grand total of $48 at La Senza. Not bad since I got 10 pieces of undergarments (ok I'm finding it a little awkward to spell out the b and p word lol)

Anyway the whole time, I was so afraid I would be caught in the rush hour crowd since I left Ion for MBS at 4.40pm:/ And it wasn't even a direct train commute since I had to make one transfer. Anyway, all was good as I think I missed the crowd by 10 minutes. Even when I went to cut my hair after that at 313, the salon was still so empty that I could put my stuff on a chair next to me (when on normal days, the salon will be packed to the brim). I'm not really loving my new hair cut though. I mean it looks decent. But I prefer my longer hair. It's now a little past shoulder length and I look more erm Korean? hahaha idk how to describe it. Oh I know. I look like the girl who washed my hair there LOL. same hair style.  I'll probably just try to work on figuring out how to make myself look like me again with my new hair. 

But for now, I just have to finish packing and ensuring that I have all my internship assignment stuff with me, contracts etc. Returning to school next week:O But before that, London beckons:)

No comments: